Released on February 2nd, 2024, “Happy Ending” promises a feel-good Telugu comedy starring Yash Puri and Apoorva Rao. But does it deliver? Let’s delve into the film’s highs and lows:
“Happy Ending” follows the journey of Anand (Yash Puri), a man cursed with bad luck at a young age. Believing this curse to be true, he lives a timid life, avoiding risks and relationships. Enter Amrutha (Apoorva Rao), a free-spirited woman who challenges his perspective and reignites his zest for life. Can their connection break the curse and lead to a happily ever after?
Reasons to Watch:
- Heartwarming Premise: The film’s message of overcoming pessimism and believing in happiness is universally appealing. The unlikely romance between Anand and Amrutha adds a charming touch.
- Yash Puri’s Performance: The veteran actor delivers a nuanced performance as the downtrodden Anand, showcasing his vulnerability and eventual transformation.
- Newcomer Spotlight: Apoorva Rao makes a confident debut as the bubbly Amrutha, bringing energy and freshness to the screen.
Reasons to Hold Off:
- Predictable Plot: The storyline follows familiar rom-com tropes with a predictable villain and a convenient resolution. If you’re looking for something innovative, this might not be it.
- Uneven Pacing: Some scenes drag, particularly in the first half, which might test your patience.
- Limited Humor: While the film has its moments, the humor leans heavily on physical comedy and slapstick, which might not appeal to everyone.
Release Date and Platform:
“Happy Ending” released theatrically on February 2nd, 2024. Its OTT release date and platform haven’t been announced yet.
“Happy Ending” is a lighthearted comedy with a predictable plot and some heartwarming moments. While Yash Puri’s performance and the debutante’s charm are highlights, the lack of originality and uneven pacing might leave some viewers wanting more. If you’re looking for a lighthearted escape with familiar rom-com elements, give it a try. However, if you crave innovation and sharp humor, you might want to skip this one.
Remember, this is just one perspective. The best way to decide if “Happy Ending” is for you is to watch it yourself!