Director: Sailesh Kolanu
Starring: Venkatesh, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Shraddha Srinath, Andrea Jeremiah, Ruhani Sharma, Jisshu Sengupta, Arya, and others
Writer: Sailesh Kolanu
Music Director: Santosh Narayan
Saindhav Koneru (Venkatesh), alias SaiKo, leads a quiet life as a crane operator in the dystopian port city of Chandraprastha. He shares his home with his young daughter, Gayathri, and their caretaker, Manognya. However, their tranquil reality shatters when Gayathri is diagnosed with a rare and critical disease, Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). The only cure is a life-saving injection costing a staggering 17 crores.
Desperate to save his daughter, Saindhav is forced to confront his dark past. He reawakens his hidden skills as a former underworld vigilante, known as “SaiKo,” to procure the exorbitant sum. He ventures into the perilous world of drug cartels and ruthless gangsters, led by the menacing Vikas Malik (Nawazuddin Siddiqui).
As Saindhav embarks on his perilous journey, the film unfolds through intense action sequences, emotional conflicts, and a race against time. The narrative explores themes of paternal love, sacrifice, redemption, and the harsh realities of a corrupt system.
Watch or Not?
Here’s a breakdown to help you decide:
Watch if you:
- Enjoy action-packed thrillers with a dash of emotional drama.
- Appreciate movies with strong performances, particularly from Venkatesh and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- Want to delve into a story that raises awareness about SMA and the challenges faced by families battling life-threatening illnesses.
Don’t watch if you:
- Prefer realistic and grounded narratives.
- Expect intricate plot twists and complex character development.
- Dislike predictable storylines or action sequences relying on tropes.
Overall, Saindhav offers a thrilling experience with emotional weight. However, the predictable narrative and lack of originality might put off some viewers.
My suggestion: If you’re a fan of Telugu action thrillers and appreciate Venkatesh’s performances, go for it! But if you seek a more innovative and intricate story, you might want to consider other options.
Ultimately, the choice is yours!