Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Director: Midhun Manuel Thomas
Writer: Randheer Krishnan
Stars: Jayaram,Jagadish,Senthil Krishna
Where to Watch?: Netflix
ACP Abraham Ozler (played by Jayaram) is a veteran police officer in Trichur, Kerala. His life shatters when a fake police call lures him away, leading to the brutal kidnapping and murder of his wife and daughter by Vineeth, seeking revenge for a previous arrest related to narcotics. Three years later, Ozler is still haunted by the tragedy and struggles with hallucinations and insomnia. He throws himself into work, investigating a series of gruesome murders with his subordinates SI Sijo and SI Divya. The killer duo, one driving a pickup truck and the other posing as a surgeon, leaves cryptic notes at the crime scenes, adding to the mystery. As Ozler delves deeper into the case, he uncovers dark secrets and faces his own inner demons. The film explores themes of loss, revenge, justice, and the psychological impact of trauma.
Reasons to watch:
- Gripping Suspense: The film’s central mystery is well-crafted, keeping viewers engaged and guessing until the very end. The cryptic notes, the brutal murders, and the constant threat of the killer keep the tension high throughout.
- Strong Performances: Jayaram delivers a powerful performance as the tortured and grief-stricken Ozler. The supporting cast, including Arjun Ashokan, Anaswara Rajan, and Anoop Menon, also provide strong performances.
- Psychological Depth: The film goes beyond the typical crime thriller by exploring the psychological impact of trauma on Ozler and the other characters. The hallucinations and flashbacks add to the film’s depth and complexity.
- Social Commentary: The film touches on social issues such as police corruption and the drug trade, adding a layer of realism to the story.
Reasons not to watch:
- Graphic Violence: The film contains scenes of violence that may be disturbing to some viewers.
- Dark and Disturbing Themes: The film deals with themes of loss, revenge, and death, which may be emotionally challenging for some viewers.
- Slow Pace: The film takes its time to develop the story and characters, which may frustrate some viewers who prefer a faster-paced thriller.
Overall, Abraham Ozler is a well-made and suspenseful film with strong performances and a thought-provoking story. However, the film’s graphic violence, dark themes, and slow pace may not be for everyone.
Here are some additional details that may help you decide whether or not to watch the film:
- The film was released in India on January 11, 2024.
- It was directed by Midhun Manuel Thomas and written by Dr. Randheer Krishnan.
- The music was composed by Midhun Mukundan and the cinematography was handled by Theni Eswar.
- The film has received positive reviews from critics, who praised its performances, suspense, and social commentary.