Genre: Comedy, Crime, Sport
Director: Peter Segal
Top-Cast: Adam Sandler, Burt Reynolds, Chris Rock
Writer: Albert S. Ruddy, Tracy Keenan Wynn, Sheldon Turner
Synopsis – The Longest Yard is an American English language film directed by Peter Segal and written by Sheldon Turner. This film is a remake of The Longest Yard which was released in 1974. This film is produced by Jack Giarraputo under the production house Paramount Pictures, Columbia Pictures, MTV Films, Happy Madison Productions, and Callahan Filmworks and distributed by Paramount Pictures (North America), and Sony Pictures Releasing (International). The film stars who roped in this film are Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, James Cromwell, Nelly, William Fichtner, and Burt Reynolds in the lead roles.
This film was theatrically released on 27th May 2005 by Paramount Pictures in North America and Sony Pictures Releasing under the Columbia Pictures banner worldwide, the runtime of this movie is around 113 minutes.
The story of this film revolves around all the prison inmates who make a team of football to challenge the prison guards. The lead Paul Crewe forms a football team in prison, the whole story revolves around Crewe’s team and how they win the football match.
The music in this film is composed by Teddy Castellucci while cinematography and editing is handled by Dean Semler, and Jeff Gourson respectively. The official soundtrack of this movie is entirely based on hip hop music, and was released on 24th May 2005 by Derrty Ent. Records and Universal Records. The music of this film is a mixture of hip hop and rock music.
- This film was made with a budget of $90 million dollars and collected almost 191.5 million from the box office.
- This film was the highest grossing film produced by MTV Films.
- Chris Rock got the BET Comedy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a theatrical film.
- Burt Reynolds got a nomination at the 26th Golden Raspberry Awards for Worst Supporting Actor for his performance in both his film and The Dukes of Hazzard.
- Music Composer Teddy Castellucci won the BMI Film Music Award.